I can’t believe my son is 4 weeks old already – how time flies!
Here are 14 things I have learned over the last month…
- Whatever nappy you use, at some point they are going to leak.
- Babies grow incredibly quickly, we have already outgrown a lot of clothes.
- Going back to work after paternity leave is one of the hardest things to do.
- Keeping fit during the first month is nigh on impossible!
- Even though you know what your baby is doing is not a smile, you will convince yourself that it is a smile (and not just the wind that it inevitably is!)
- Babies fart and hiccup a lot.
- It is very difficult to have a conversation about anything other than the baby in the first month.
- Cats find new born babies inexplicably terrifying.
- It is pretty much impossible not to want to take photos of the baby all the time!
- The amount of laundry that can be generated by such a tiny thing is unbelievable.
- Babies (or at least my baby) have no interest at all in watching football on the TV, despite how hard I have tried.
- Babies like The Beatles, and the songs sung by Paul and Ringo are their favourites.
- The smells and mess that a baby can create are astounding!
- Baby sick gets everywhere…