Now I am a dad, I have today realized that I am finally legitimately allowed to indulge in a dirty little secret I have kept for many years… my love of terrible puns!
I am pretty sure this is something I inherited from my own dad, you could say that a love of dad jokes runs in our family (much like our noses!)
Below is a selection of a few of my favorite dad jokes… hope you will enjoy, and do let me know on here or via twitter if you have any other favorites you are willing to share with the world…
- I have a few jokes about unemployed people… But none of them work
- How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.
- I bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer; I don’t know what he laced them with, but I was tripping all day.
- Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of coke? He was lucky it was a soft drink
- A guy just threw some cheese at me… How dairy?!
- I always take a second pair of trousers when I play golf… in case I get a hole in one.
- I wondered why the football was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- A book just fell on my head. I’ve only got my shelf to blame.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down.
- Why can’t a bike stand on it’s own? Because it is two tired.
And if you like these puns, check out this youtube clip of the true “pun king” Andy Zaltzman, and his epic fish-themed pun run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0MewQeNjQ